TUG Device for the AAL market
The TUG device enables unsupervised functional assessment of frailty evolution in older patients through the Timed Up-and-Go (TUG) test. The TUG test is one indicator of functional performance in a comprehensive geriatric assessments (CGA). In Active and Assisted Living (AAL) scenarios a need for patient empowering and autonomous devices is given.
The TUG device is user friendly and provides an easy utilization for elderly people. The setting includes simple tasks in a temporary arrangement. It combines an innovative technology with signal analysis and a verification of tests.
Advantages of the TUG device
- Quality proofed parameters about the functional status quo help to optimise the long term therapy of elderly people
- The TUG Device is completely aligned to AIT’s Keep in Touch (KIT) Telemedical Solutions. Results can be transferred to the patient terminal and displayed in trend charts.
Areas of application
- Innovative tool for the AAL scenarios
- Follow up of elderly patients during rehabilitation after surgery (e.g. hip- or knee replacement)
- Detection of changes of the functional status after medical intervention
- Qualified parameter as endpoint in clinical trials